As the summer days begin to heat up, iced tea season is in, and it’s time for another refreshing vapor beverage recipe. We’re using a Volcano Vaporizer to introduce a couple of southern flavors to our iced tea, before serving the tea with a vapor garnish. Say hello to iced tea with vapor infused vanilla. To get started, you’ll need:
1 Gallon Filtered Water
½ oz Black Tea Leaves
1 cup Raw Cane Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Simple Sugar
½ cup dried Orange Peel.
1 oz Vodka (optional)
- Brew the leaves in water just off the boil, around 195 degrees F.
- Add the sugar while the water is still hot, and mix thoroughly for 60 seconds.
- Place the tea in the fridge to cool down, and turn your vaporizer up to medium heat, around 350-400 F.
- Fill the heating chamber with 1 tsp of vanilla extract, making sure to use a liquid pad where necessary.
- Combine the Simple Sugar and Vodka in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the vaporizer reaches temperature, turn on the fan and wait until a powerful vanilla scent emerges from the vaporizer.
- Dip the mixology attachment into the mixing bowl for 10-15 seconds 3-4 times.
- Taste and repeat if necessary.
- Next, turn the vaporizers temperature up to 425 and add the dried orange peel to the filling chamber.
- Add orange vapors to the ice until the glass is full of a light colored mist.
- Slowly pour the tea over the ice, and add 1oz of the sugar-vodka mix.
- Serve with a slice of orange.
This is a beautiful vaporizer recipe that produces a delicate orange tea experience, with a mild hint of vanilla flavor in the aftertaste. If done correctly, the drink should be served immediately, so that the vapors do not dissipate into the air. Include an orange peel garnish in each glass for an added bitter aspect, or turn the vaporizer’s heat up above 400 F for a slightly smoky note.
About the Author:
Zoe is a writer on the blog at WholesaleVaporizers.com. Their vaporizer blog has recipes, tips, and tricks on how to incorporate this helpful device into your cooking for any at home chef!